These recipes came with the page I used for the website Blog page and so I have left them in for everyone to try out and enjoy – they all look fabulous. I have no idea as yet if the recipe posts actually work or not so can accept no responsibility or liability for the recipes contained in these or any similar posts.
French Buttercream MacaronsCuisine: Dessert, FrenchDifficulty: Difficult
- Buttercream Filling
2 Cups confectioners’ sugar
6 oz Raspberries
1 Tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 Tsp. coconut extract (optional)
2 Tablespoons coconut milk
2 sticks salted butter, softened
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped out
1 3/4 Cups confectioners’ sugar
1 1/4 Cups almond flour
1/4 Cup coconut flour
2/3 Cup egg whites
3 T granulated sugar
1-3 drops red or pink food coloring (optional)
- For the Macarons
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F using the convection setting. Line 3 baking sheets with silicone mats. Measure the confectioners’ sugar and almond flour by spooning them into measuring cups and leveling with a knife. Transfer to a bowl; whisk to combine.
- Sift the sugar-almond flour mixture, a little at a time, through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing with a rubber spatula to pass through as much as possible. It will take a while, and up to 2 tablespoons of coarse almond flour may be left; just toss it
- Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt with a mixer on medium speed until frothy. Increase the speed to medium high; gradually add the superfine sugar and beat until stiff and shiny, about 5 more minutes.
- Bake the first batch until the cookies are shiny and rise 1/8 inch to form a “foot,” about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat, using a double sheet for each batch. Peel the cookies off the mats and sandwich with a thin layer of filling (see below).
- For the Filling
- Tint the batter with 2 drops neon pink gel food coloring; flavor with almond extract. Fill with seedless raspberry jam (you’ll need about 3/4 cup).
- Use a clean piping bag to pipe the filling on top of the bottom cookie. Now place another cookie on top. Repeat with the remaining cookies and filling.